Duration: 2 days/1 night.
Day 1: Tour Uros Floating Islands & homestay on Amantani Island.
- 8:00 am. You will be picked up from your hotel and then transferred to the pier and take the motor boat towards the Uros Floating Islands. Arriving we walk on the reed islands and interact with the natives.
- Later, there is a chance to ride a reed boat (extra charge US $ 3.00).
- Continue our journey towards “Amantani Island”, where we will spend the rest of the day and the night.
- Upon arrival, a group of native families will meet us at the pier, and take us to their homes for lodging.
- In the afternoon we will walk up to the highest point of the Islands to explore ancient ruins called by locals Pachatata. There are stunning views of the Lake from this lookout point and an amazing sunset.
- Soon after nightfall, we descend to the main plaza and meet our local family, and we go back to home for dinner. (Mind the head when entering, their doorways),
- By night visitors are invited to a particular local party. The party takes place at the main folklore saloon and it is accompanied by one of the local orchestras, (overnight at family house).
Day 2 Taquile Island and return to Puno in the afternoon.
- 08:00hrs. after breakfast, we walk down to the harbor to take the boat towards “Taquile Island” (1 hour trip aprox.),
- Taquile is a traditional Quechua speaking community, and full of ancient agricultural terraces. The weaving tradition is part of the culture and goes back to early civilizations; all weaving is done by hand.
- Arriving to the island, we have to walk up along a narrow path, enjoying on the way impressive views of the Lake titicaca.
- At the village, there is free time to explore around on your own, and optionally you have a chance for lunch at one local restaurant (extra charge).
- Later we walk down to the pier to take our motor boat back to Puno.
- We will arrive to Puno at 4:00pm. aprox. and you will be transferred back to your hotel in Puno.
- Pick up from your Hotel in Puno and transfer to the harbor.
- Motor boat with toilet facilities.
- Entrance fees.
- 01 Night Lodging at family house in Amantani.
- Meals (1 Lunch 1 Dinner 1breakfast in Amantani)
- English speaking guide.
- Group tour.
- Extras & Gratitudes
- Optional: Ride on reed boat (extra charche US $ 3.00) pay to natives.
- Optional: take some gifts for your home host in Amantani.
You need to bring: Bring warm clothing, gloves, wooly hats, a bottle of water, flashlight, as there is no electricity on Amantani. Headlights are very useful.
We recomend this tour to people doing regular walks.